Guaranteed Starting Spots:
NSTA Racing has developed a program to reward its Members for their success leading up to the Bristol Event. Guaranteed starting spots at Bristol can be earned at the four Events leading up to Bristol and have specific guidelines to determine who is eligible for these spots. In order to be eligible for one of these spots:
1) You MUST be a full NSTA Racing Member and MUST have purchased your Membership prior to the first Event at Lucas Oil Raceway.
2) You MUST have raced in three (3) out of the four (4) 2017 NSTA Top Speed Modified Tour Events prior to Bristol.
3) Any spot that goes unused, for whatever reason, will revert back to the control of NSTA Racing and if re-allocated, will be done so at the discretion of NSTA Racing Officials. Support of the NSTA Top Speed Modified Tour through points earned and Events attended will largely decide if and how the spot will be re-allocated.
NSTA Top Speed Modified Tour: Guaranteed starting spots in Bristol’s 50-lap feature will be allocated as follows:
- Four (4) spots for the feature winner at each of the NSTA Top Speed Modified Tour Events prior to Bristol (Lucas Oil, Anderson, Berlin and South Bend) that haven’t made it into the race through qualifying. MUST meet the criteria above.
- Two (2) spots for the top two in owner’s points that haven’t made it into the race through qualifying. MUST meet the criteria above.
Other Guaranteed Starting Spots:
Modifieds of Mayhem Tour: Guaranteed starting spots in Bristol’s 50-lap feature will be allocated as follows:
- One (1) spot for the feature winner at the Modifieds of Mayhem Event on May 6th (Crisp Motorsports Park, Cordele, GA) if they haven’t made it into the race through qualifying.
- One (1) spot for the car highest in the 2017 Modifieds of Mayhem point standings that hasn’t made it into the race through qualifying.
Limited Number of Participants:
If Bristol officials decide to limit the number of Competitors for the Event, the following steps will be used to determine which Competitors will be eligible to participate in the Event:
- Competitors with valid NSTA Racing Memberships that have been to every 2017 Event;
- Then Competitors with NSTA Racing Memberships that have been to all but one 2017 Event, then one less, then one less and so on;
- Then Competitors that are in the top fifteen (15) in Modifieds of Mayhem points after the May 6th Event at Cordele, GA;
- Then Competitors with NSTA Racing Memberships where Bristol is their first 2017 Event;
- Then all other Competitors who have not met any of the criteria above.
* Ties in positioning will be broken by the time stamped date their entries were paid online.
* If there are any Competitors that are turned away because of a car limit, 100% of their entry fee will be refunded.
The 2017 NSTA Racing Rule Book & TSMT.2017.004 – Bristol Rules can be found here: http://topspeedmods.com/tech/rulebook/
The 2017 Modifieds of Mayhem Rule Book can be found here: http://www.montgomerymotorspeedway.org/modifieds-of-mayhem/mms-modifieds-of-mayhem-rules/
The final determination for the specific tire that will be used in ALL divisions will be made following a tire test at Bristol Motor Speedway in mid-March.
Hoosier Asphalt Oval South (HAOS) is the official and exclusive tire distributor for all race tires used in the Bristol Event. ALL tires used for racing at Bristol MUST be purchased through an authorized exclusive (HOAS) dealer for the Bristol Event. Tires for use at Bristol are expected to be available two weeks prior to the April 29th open test at Bristol Motor Speedway.
For additional information or to order practice tires, Hoosier Asphalt Oval South can be contacted starting April 15th at 336-731-6100.
All entries must be submitted and paid online.
NSTA Members will receive the link to register beginning on February 13th. The link will be released to non-members at 4:00 pm on February 17th.